Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sparky

Last summer Mickey became attached to a small stuffed dog. We decided to switch it out at that time, because we couldn't find a replacement. So we ordered two bigger ty dogs. So we had two in case we lost one.

A couple of weeks ago, the most horrible thing happened. We went to the Farmer's Market and momma lost Sparky! Oh my! Luckily we had back up at home. So momma went home and promptly ordered to more from Amazon.

We got the replacements the next week. But Mickey knows the difference. Slowly we have been taking "Sparky" backups out on errands. But when it is time for sleep, she wants none other than the original.

I think slowly the others will find that special place in her life, but it will take time. It reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit, "Sparky" has become "real".

2 comments:

  1. awww... sweet sparky! kids are too smart for our own good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is like loosing a member of the family, isn't it!! We lost Julia's bunny time and I cried. Stupid, I know. But I was sad for Julia. Great news, we found the bunny and all is well!

    ReplyDelete