Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Fundraiser by a couple of friends of mine....

Just thought I would post this so I can pass this along. Have a great day!

The week of February 7 through February 14, 2008 is recognized as Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) Awareness Week. In honor of this special recognition, Helping Hands Healing Hearts is holding a very important fundraiser in conjunction with Avon during the next two weeks. Valerie Nadeau, a Rhode Island Avon representative, has joined forces with us and presented us with an opportunity that we could not refuse.

If you visit Valerie’s Avon website (www.youravon.com/vnadeau) in the next two weeks and purchase some of their wonderful products, you will help us to again reach out to other heart families. Valerie is going to give Helping Hands Healing Hearts 40% of the proceeds from the purchases made in our name. This is incredibly generous and very exciting.

As a group, we will use those proceeds to do two things. We will use 10% of the proceeds to reach other heart families through brochures, mailings, etc. The remaining 90% of the proceeds will be used to make a donation to Children’s Hospital Boston. Our hope is that we will receive enough money to purchase a CHD Awareness Bear for every heart patient at Children’s Hospital Boston. We will then deliver the bears on February 14th, Valentine’s Day.

We hope that you will help us in our mission to continue to reach out to other heart families as they face this difficult journey. This fundraiser will only be successful with the continued support of our family and friends. Thank you for your generosity!

Sincerely,

Helping Hands Healing Hearts (www.riheartgroup.com)

All orders must be placed by January 26, 2008.

Since our group is not a registered non-profit organization, it is important to note that any purchase you make through Avon will not count as a tax deduction.

**Help Us Spread the Word!**
1. If you have a carepage or website of your own, please feel free to cut and paste this post and help us raise money.
2. Be sure to email and/or call your friends and family and let them know how they can help raise money through this fundraiser.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment