Monday, April 21, 2008

Cooking with Daddy

One of Mickey's favorite things to do is to help out when cooking. In our house cooking is a family affair. Jeff and I have always cooked together since the beginning of our relationship. He came up to see me while I was at seminary. I decided to make pork chops, fideo, and homemade tortillas. So I put him to work, by mixing the batter for the tortillas. Which meant that he had to get his hands dirty. He wasn't to happy about that, but he did it. I think that dinner set the tone for us, we are always in the kitchen together. Because cooking is a family affair Mickey is in the kitchen with us.

Mickey loves to help. So when Jeff brought home the ingredients to make strawberry shortcake, Mickey was right there to help. She ate up the dessert as soon as she was done helping!



I told you that Mickey only ate chicken nuggets. On Friday she had her first chicken leg. She loved it. I was so happy to see her trying new things. She saw her Grammie Syl eat one and decided to try it herself. The yesterday, Jeff made some popcorn shrimp and Mickey just ate it up. What?! My daughter?? Yes, and she enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. What a big girl!! So fun to see the "every day" kind of pictures. Feels like we are right there experiencing it all with you. I have said it before and I will say it again a million times...... wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete