Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dan Zanes & Laurie Berkner

Yesterday I shared a favorite book of ours, "The Bear Snores On". I added a you tube video to it that tells the story for those of you who haven't heard of it before.

Today, I want to share a couple of dvd's that we just love. The first one is one that that we just rented. It is Dan Zanes All around the kitchen. This was a fun surprise. There is a concert on one selection and then a series of videos. I really love his music and it is some that you actually like listening to over and over again. I have to admit that one of my favorite parts is "Father Goose" rapping to a medley of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, ABC, Pocket full of Posies. What I like the best about this video is that it is simple. It is Dan Zanes and his friend up on stage in a little theater in New York. It keeps Mickey's attention and we are sining these songs all through the day. Below is a video of one of the songs from the video. If you click on the Dan Zanes link you will see different videos that he has at his site. Go to Polly Wolly Doodle (one of my favorite songs, from my Burl Ives days) and you will see how his concert is. It is just fun.



Next up is Laurie Berkner and her dvd "We are... The Laurie Berkner Band" This is one of our all time favorites in our house. I actually saw this on PBS one morning during their annual pledge drive. It caught both of our attention and we have been fans ever since. You can see both Dan Zanes and Laurie Berkner on Noggin (but we don't have that station.) Like Dan Zanes, Laurie Berkner has songs that the whole family will enjoy. She relates well to the toddler and preschool age kid. She knows the balance that we need as parents for active songs and calm me down songs and this video has both. It is simple. It is just her and her husband and her friend in the video along with a few kids singing the songs. It is a lot of fun to watch over and over and over again. We are not only fans of this dvd but of all of her cd's! These are listened to all the time at my house. :)
If you click on this Laurie's Berkner's Link you can catch other clips of her songs. And of course watch the clip of her that I grabbed off of You tube.


1 comment:

  1. FUN!!! The kids and I just finished watching the videos and dancing to the music. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete