Saturday, April 5, 2008

Quick Update

Sick Update

I just wanted to give you an update on how Mickey is feeling. I took her to the doctor yesterday to recheck her ears. She just seems continually congested and wasn't convinced that she was all better. Since she isn't sleeping well at night. So off to the doctor we went. I am so glad that I took her in. She still has an ear infection and not just in her left ear but BOTH ears. I was supposed to try a decongestant medicine yesterday and if it didn't clear up get an antibiotic today. So I did her some meds yesterday and they wired her. But not really clearing anything up. :( So I am off to go to the pharmacy to get her new antibiotic. Hopefully we won't see the mood changes that we saw with the last one.


***************************************
Biting & Pinching Update

We have made some headway in our pinching and biting! I read Dr. Sears site and he gave me some options to try. She is not real sneaky when she is going in for the bite or the pinch. So I am able to redirect her. Can you give momma a kiss or a hug instead? She looks at me for a moment and she does! When she wants to bite she gives me a kiss instead and when she wants to pinch I get a hug. It is a great trade off. I also think that the mood changes from the antibiotic were causing more aggression than normal.

****************************************
I will be back hopefully sometime today or tomorrow to post some new pictures of the other things that are going on in our life. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment