Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Treasures

As a mom I read lots of children books, listen to lots of children music and watch children's dvds. Some are okay, some are just horrible and some are great finds that turn into family treasures. I would like to share some of these treasures with you.

The Bear Snores On


During our last trip to the library we picked up this book. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is wonderful. It is about the animals that come into the bear's den while he is asleep for the winter. They make themselves at home and begin to have a party during a snowstorm. The suddenly the bear wakes up! It is a story that we have read over and over again and everyone loves it! This book has quickly become our bedtime story and we had to head out to the book store and buy our personal copy. On visiting the website for this book I ran into an unexpected treasure. The author gives different activities to do with your child that goes along with the book.

ETA: The video that Elena suggested! Here is the story from You tube!



2 comments:

  1. As I think you know, my children LOVE this book (thanks to Tigger who gifted it to Xaden in that fall book exchange we had). Look on youtube, there is a video too-- it's cute. We recently bought "Bear Wants More." There are two others-- 1 for each season, but I am not sure they are board books yet.

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we love that book as well and have read all the others. We have a Scholastic video that features that story. I love finding great books for my children and I to read together.

    ReplyDelete