Saturday, May 10, 2008

Please Pray

I have written before about my friends over at babycenter. One of the ladies and I have a special bond since our "babies" are born on the same day. Her name is Melinda and her special son is named Joseph. I asked her if I can share her story with you and ask for your prayers.

Joseph was born with a life threatening heart disease called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Essentially only half of his heart developed in utero. Joseph has already gone through two open heart surgeries to prolong his life and several Cardiac Catheterizations. He is going into Boston Childrens Tuesday for three days for another round of invasive tests as well as a Heart Cath. I can't possibly imagine what a momma of a 2 year old beautiful little boy is going through. These tests will give them the information that they need so that they can plan and know what is going to need to take place for his 3rd open heart surgery.

I asked what specifically that we could pray for this week. Here is her list.
  1. his tests show improved heart function
  2. his Catheterization has no complications
  3. that he reacts well to sedation
  4. that he is able to be soothed by his parents when afraid at the hospital




so Please pray and ask others to pray for this beautiful little boy. I would greatly appreciate it. If you would like to read more about this little boy you can visit his care page. http://www.carepages.com/AboutCarePage?id=53733 I am not sure if you will need to sign in to read about him. If so you will need his name Joseph Tavares. I also ask that you remember his daddy and his big brother Jaxon in your prayers. Jaxon is a very loving brother and often worries about his baby brother. This is a very special family!

Thank you so much for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment