Friday, June 27, 2008

Goings On with our Family

We have been staying busy in this summer heat. Thankfully it hasn't been as hot as the last few weeks have been. I am looking forward to the monsoon season, that will be a blessing. It seems that I have forgotten what rain feels like we seldom have it.

We have been going to the gym so that Mickey can run around and burn off that extra energy that she has stored up. I wish th
at I had some of her stored up energy so that I could get a few more things done around the house each day. Mickey just loves to run, jump, hang, climb and most importantly hang out with the other kids during our gym time. She has amazing balance and is able to walk the balance beam and jump on the trampoline with no problems whatsoever. I am debating on enrolling her in a tumble class in the fall. I need to make it over and "observe" a class to see if it is worth our money and time.

We have also been reading a lot. Now this is no more than usual... however we are now keeping track of what and how long we are reading, since Mickey is involved in the summer reading program in our local library. I really love our childrens' librarian, Sandy. She makes it so that every child can participate in the the programs. She is great! So Mickey is in the listener reading program and we are reading. This last week she received a ball for listening to 2 hours of reading time. And it doesn't matter that we are reading the same books over and over and over and over again. :)

I have been sewing lately. I have made Mickey 2 shirts, my second try was much better than my first. I have also been trying to sew a sundress for me. I think that I got it almost done, but feel self-conscios in it. Not sure if it came out right or not. I know when I get up the courage to take a picture of me in it you will let me know how I did. I am completely self taught with some pointers here and there from my mom.

Oh and did I tell you that I got my KitchenAid Mixer this week?! I have already made a homemade carrot cake. I also tried a quiche recipe today...let's see how I faired on that. It is really nice appliance that I look forward to using for a very long time. I am so excited and glad that I have it to use. It also has helped me in my arthritic hands. I can't do some things do to the great pain that I experience, but with this it has opened up new doors for me! Yay!

So that is what we have been up to these past few days. I am also working on the update for this month... can you believe that Mickey is 2 1/2. Boy where does the time go?!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have been busy and having lots of fun!!! Mik is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete