Monday, June 30, 2008

Homemade Bread


Have I told you that I love my KitchenAid Mixer?? I believe that I have. I know that I am in the minority and perfectly fine with receiving an appliance for my birthday. Jeff got a few lectures from his co-workers when they heard that this is what he got me. But my hubby knows me and got me the perfect gift.

Like my hubby I didn't realize how much you could do with this machine. I have been reading message boards on what you can do with it (didn't even know how many people were really into this thing). I have read that you can do pulled pork with it. (I am going to try it with roast).

So today I made fresh bread. I have a bread machine that is in the cabinet. I hadn't tried it once I moved to a dry climate, but I had problems with it all the humidity. So while reading my owner's manual (yes, I read every detail of all my owner's manuals), I found that I can make bread with this thing. So I just had to try.

I could not believe how easy it was! It mixes all the ingredients with no effort at all. I was a little intimidiated about the whole punching it down and rolling it out. But I did it with no problem. I baked it and it smells yummy. Going to wait for dinner tonight to see how it tastes... (besides the little nibble I took).

I am looking forward to seeing what else I can do with this new "appliance".

PS Blogger is having some problems so I will post the picture of the yummy bread soon....

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! What time is dinner? I am a such a sucker for home-made bread!!

    ReplyDelete