Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Early Birthday

Today is my birthday, but we celebrated it early since Jeff was off and my mom was in town. It is a little odd to celebrate your birthday early, but I had fun! I will be off my days for the week since we celebrated the day early and Jeff got 2 days off in a row! Amazing!

I started the day off right, with a shower. Sometimes it is difficult to get that shower in early in the day and I wait until evening. But that day I got the day off with a shower. Paradise. Then we went out to breakfast at I-Hop. We had a yummy breakfast and Mickey even did great eating out. The whole experience is usually pretty overwhelming for her.

Next we went swimming. it has been pretty hot here, so the nice cool water was refreshing. We even got in free. I think that we misunderstood and the "free swimming" meant free rather than just a free swim time. So that was an extra blessing.

Then it was time for gifts. I now have some $$ to put towards a new camera bag. Yay!! Let's see which one I will get and when I will get it. Jeff also got me a mixer for my kitchen. I have been eying this one for YEARS now. I actually thought my mom or brother would get one before I did. So I am really excited. It isn't here yet, but it is on it's way. And of course I got a I-tunes gift card to get some music. Yay! I have some music that I have been thinking about getting and now I can.

Then it was time for dinner time. My mom made me my favorite meal... Homemade tacos. What a treat, hers are the best. I do try my hardest to make them myself (and I think that I do a pretty good job, but nothing ever compares to your mom's. Then we had cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. I was wanting to use the coupon I got from Barnes and Noble but they had sold out of them... but Jeff saved the day and found the same brand at Sam's. Yay! It is just too darn hot to cook something like a cheesecake in my house right now.

So all in all I have had a good day! I also got a card from someone who will remain anonymous & doesn't read this blog. I got a good laugh out of the card and found it quite entertaining. You see I have gotten the SAME card from the SAME person for the last 7 years. I think that they stocked up on them. It was just too funny. Hmmm... I wonder what card I will get next year (probably the same one). He he....

Birthday's are good, even if it does mean you are older. But surprisingly this birthday was not bad mentally as when I turned 30. I guess that means I am getting better with age, right?

Will post pictures soon. I currently have a/c men in my house and I don't have time to get them web friendly.

2 comments: