Monday, July 21, 2008

I thought I had more time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been telling you about our transition into Mickey's own room. And I have I have been terribly excited about our progress. Well tonight Mickey decided that when bedtime came she wanted to sleep in HER BED, in HER ROOM. I tried to gently guide her back into "momma's room" tonight, because I was simply not prepared to do this tonight.

Mickey would have no part in it. She insisted in going to HER ROOM to HER BED. So I did what any parent would do when their child is trying to grow up before they are "ready", I let her. Half convinced that she would realize what she was doing and insist to go back to momma's room. But my child did no such thing. She went to sleep and is asleep as we speak.

So I have spent the last 30 or so minutes trying to figure out what to do. I hunted down that monitor that I have NEVER used and am crossing my fingers that it works. I am trying to figure out what lights in our living room to keep on so that she can find her way to my room if she needs to. I am also trying to calm my heart and realize that everything is going to be okay. It is not like she is moving out and going to college right now. She is just across the house.

Sigh. I really thought I had more time.

1 comment:

  1. ((HUGS)) They seem to grow up so fast. I keep looking around for my baby... when did they get so big??!!??

    ReplyDelete