Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mickey's Room

I have been waiting to post this since I didn't want to jinx myself. But I do have some good news to report. Mickey is officially taking all her naps in her bedroom. This is a great achievement in our house! I know that some kiddos her age have been in their own rooms for quite some time but Mickey has never been a pace setter for sleeping accomplishments. Besides that first day of having to coax her into her room she now readily goes to her room and lays down. I lay with her and then go and do my own thing once she is asleep. At first when she woke up in her room she wasn't sure where she was and would be a little bit frightened, but that has passed and now she knows that she is in Mickey's room. We are also spending loads of time playing in her room. She insists on playing in there so that has been a nice change for our living room. Our living room isn't the wreck it once was since we have all those toys easily contained in her room. So I am taking time today to count my small blessings. Soon she will be in her room all the time... whatever will I do???

No comments:

Post a Comment