Sunday, July 13, 2008

Watching You

Lately I have been hearing myself .... through the mouth of Mickey. Sometimes it is sweet and sometimes not so sweet. I can completly understand now all the warnings of what to say and what not to say in front of your child.

Sweet Examples:

"hi sweetie"
"Love you, momma"
"sleep good?"

Not so sweet examples:
"Don't touch that!" Said in a stern voice
"child" Said when she is frustrated
"Just go to sleep" When I lay her down for her nap.
"On your bed" Talking to the dogs when they are off their bed
Mickey not only copies the words, but the tone that it is said in, and the facial expressions and hand movements I do. It is really like having a video camera on you 24/7. It makes me reevaluate whether some things that I say need to be said and what other things that I should be saying. Since I have a little girl who is watching me 24/7 and wants to act just like me.

Lord, help me be an example worth following, especially on those moments and times that I am at my wits end.

Rodney Atkins: Watching You
Here is a music video that shows what I mean:

No comments:

Post a Comment