Friday, August 29, 2008

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

This picture is of my little brother, David. It is one of my favorites of when we were kids. Just had to share it as I have been looking at old pictures lately.

Anyway, on to the big announcement. My brother has been preparing to defend his dissertation for awhile now. This morning was the time to put all his hard work to the test and it paid off. He passed his dissertation.

I am so proud of him. He has always been smart and sometimes too smart for his own good. I think back to his high school days when I was wondering if he was ever going to graduate. Not because he wasn't smart enough but because he got bored with the whole thing. He has set a goal and he has reached it. He has put a lot of hard work into getting to this stage in life. Especially when there were times when there were naysayers out there who were not his supporters. His road has not been an easy one but he has traveled it and has accomplished his goal.

Now I don't know when he will be officially a Ph.D, but he is already Dr. Dave in my book. How strange is it to see the little brother that you remember being born now called Dr. Dave? He has begun his year of being an intern and is on a new adventure. Who knows what the future has in store for him, but I know that he can accomplish anything that he sets his mind to do.

So Congratulations little brother. This big sis is very proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment