Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Exhausted

We are lacking in the precious commodity around our house. I never knew how much I needed this commodity and how much I would cherish any amount I would get. I knew that the first year I would miss this so much but now that we are nearing our 3rd year, I wonder if I will ever see it again. Yes, that precious commodity would be sleep.

It would seem as if my little girl is going through another growth spurt. At least that is what I am calling it now since no other explanation makes sense. She doesn't have a cold, she may be teething but orajel is not working on those pesky molars. She goes to sleep and then wakes up in 20 minutes time and tells me "Momma I am so tired, but I can't sleep" then proceeds to tell me ALL afternoon that she is just TOO TIRED to eat, to play, to color, to do just about anything.

Then we cross the line of being TOO tired to being OVERtired. When a child gets overtired it is a nightmare.

Hopefully we will soon get it together and get some sleep.

On a positive note, Mickey has been in big girl panties since the last post. She has declared that diapers are yucky. She still wears them for naps and night time but I think our time is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment