Saturday, September 27, 2008

Trip to see Grammie Syl

Seems like I have been out of contact for a while. Shame on me. :) Here are a few tidbits of what has been going on.

We went home to see my mom while my brother was briefly in town. Mickey just loves to be around her Grammie Syl and Uncle Dave. While we were there Mickey took ownership of a dress that I had when I was around her age. She loves her dress and calls it her "Strawberry dress", because it has a small strawberry on the front. Oh and don't you love her Elton John glasses, that she found?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
During the visit I was able to see one of my friends from high school, Irene. This girl is a true gem. It was fun to catch up and see who we had seen or knew of since high school. There was a time when Irene and I were not meant to be friends. I was "going out" with a guy and she wanted to go out with him. So we were classic couple of girls fighting over some guy. A about a year or so after this we became friends and was one of the people that influenced me in giving my life to the Lord. So even though the relationship with the guy ended and so did the friendship there, I found a lasting friend that I am so grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment