Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cake Decorating

I have been dreaming up ideas on what kind of cake to do for Mickey's 3rd birthday. I can't believe that she is almost 3, where has the time gone?

At first I thought I would do something with fondant. I got a recipe from a lady I know who does some amazing cakes. I did a little more research and decided that it was a little more than I am able to do right now and don't want the added stress.

So yesterday, I was browsing the web and looking for a special cake pan. I thinking some fun character or princess. I was amazed at how many there are out there. I am still not convinced this is the way to go. I want something that is going to be fun and yet not going to cost me a whole lot to make.

Then I found Betty Crocker's site. They have a section that is all about cakes, using the pans that you already own. I found a cute butterfly cake that I am going to attempt to make as my practice cake to see if I can really do this. What I love about this site is that it gives me video instructions on how to do a particular design. I am so much better at creating things if I have a step by step guide showing me. So let's see what I actually come up with for a birthday cake, but I think that we are going to have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment