Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cake Wreck?

I did my practice cake of the butterfly cake yesterday and today. It was a challenge. It makes me so glad that I didn't try it as my first attempt to serve on her birthday. I have a long way to go to make it look like a butterfly instead of icing creating havoc on a cake. Mickey helped with placing the candies on the cake. She is so excited about having a birthday cake. She is constantly asking for her birthday and was even singing "Happy Birthday" last night.

Looking at my cake makes me think of a blog that I found recently, Cake Wrecks. This lady gets submissions of cakes that people have ordered from bakeries that are not what they should be or just really odd. It is a good site to go to if you just need a laugh, or need to feel better about your own personal cake wreck.

1 comment:

  1. Icing a cake can be so tricky!! I have made each of the kids cakes for their birthdays. It is hard work but always done in love. Just something special I have always wanted to do for my kids.

    BTW - the cake doesn't look that bad - I definitely wouldn't call it a wreck!

    ReplyDelete