Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Music

It seems like the Christmas season starts earlier and earlier every year. The stores bring out all the holiday decorations, the toy catalogs are being sent to our house, Christmas music being played in the stores. All of it seems a little bit forced when it starts happening before and right after Halloween (in OCTOBER!).

Today, while I was running errands, I turned on the local radio station and heard Christmas music. I changed the channel. It is just not time for the music to come out. I like Christmas music but there is only so much that I can handle and not this early.

I remember years ago, I was eating lunch with a good friend, Jan. This particular place was a 50's diner, where you expected to hear, um 50's music. I loved this place, they had the shakes that are still the best that I have ever had. But will tell you about that another time. Anyways, we were enjoying our meal and then we heard it..... Christmas music. Jan, looked up and said "It's not Christmas yet!"

Even though I like Christmas music and have some of favorites, I am saying, "it's not Christmas yet!". I would much rather enjoy the season that I am in and not be pushed to be thinking about Christmas right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment