Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Clean Closet

I am a believer that in any relationship there is a saver and a thrower. In Jeff's and my relationship I would be the saver. I come by it naturally I am in a line of savers. So over the years I have saved my share of things and many of those things are clothes. Clothes that are most likely out of date and definitely the wrong size.

So last week I finally made it my goal to clean my closet and get rid of clothes that are just no longer needed. Now that last sentence made it sound like this was easy and the process was easy. Let me tell you that it was anything but easy. To my surprise though it was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. I did have two helpers. Jeff was my go to guy that help me work through whether I needed to keep that shirt looked like I could have worn it back in the 80's (probably did) and so worn out will I truly ever wear that out in public again?! So in short he was my voice of reason. I had another helper, Mickey, who did more reorganizing than anything else. Reorganizing = taking stuff that I had already sorted and putting it in a totally random place so that I would have to resort again later.

I am happy to say that after cleaning it out I figured out that I am happy and excited about my new closet. I feel free of all that stuff that I didn't need anymore. So after I get over this cold I have a hall closet to do and then the biggie... my kitchen. Do you think that I will be able to get rid of more stuff??

p.s. I should have taken a before and after photo.... but I was too embarrassed to let anyone see the before. Yeah, it was that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment