Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ferris Wheel

Last weekend we went to the carnival so that Mickey could ride the Ferris Wheel. The girl talked of nothing else but riding the Ferris Wheel for 3 or 4 days straight. So we headed out to see if we could make Mickey's dream come true.

I grew up in very tiny towns some of which had a small grocery store to get your basic bread and milk but anything else you had to drive a hour or two to get to the real grocery store. So going to big amusement parks was not in my world as a child. I think that I first visited Six Flags when I was a senior in high school. But I do remember going to a carnival or two and so it was fun for me to go with my daughter. She had a blast and could have stayed there all day!

She first saw the Ferris Wheel up close and changed her mind and didn't want to attempt that big ol' thing. But with daddy she became brave and went on her first Ferris Wheel ride. I am not sure if I have ever ridden one, the idea of it scares me a little. This girl loved her ride and talked of nothing else the rest of the day. She also had the chance to ride a train several times and the carousel. She had a blast and in the process we made some pretty good memories. I have a feeling that we will be visiting them again when they come back through town. :)

Hope you enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment