Saturday, April 18, 2009

Precious Moments

I think lately I have been reminded to take each moment and not hurry past them. Mickey is not going to be this little forever and from what every parent tells me that time goes way too fast. I think that I am guilty of getting frustrated or am just plain worn out to see how precious this time is. I will focus on the frustration on not getting Mickey dressed as quickly as I "want" to. Instead of seeing the moments for what they are, Mickey experimenting with different choices of clothes. Or taking the time to read a story when I would much rather do something else that I want. But when I do take the time to be in the moment I gain the benefits of seeing the sparkle in my little girl's eyes. I gain the personal benefit of losing the stress and anxiety of not "getting it done". Change my focus point.

This video is Steven Curtis Chapman. The song is "Cinderella". At the end of the song he shares a story of writing this very special song after giving his two youngest daughters a bath. It is even more telling that his youngest child was killed in a car accident. It makes one think how precious these moments are and that we should not race through them and miss them.

2 comments:

  1. What are you trying to do to me?!! I am crying again.... I could just blame it on the prego hormones, but it is really the realization that I too have rushed through moments and need to learn to appreciate every single one. Even in the middle of the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Cheryl my purpose is to see how many days in a row I can make you cry. ;) The moments in the middle of the night are the toughest to find appreciation for.

    ReplyDelete