Thursday, December 31, 2009

Root Beer Floats

New Year's Eve is also a time to have my favorite Root Beer Floats. It is a tradition that started with my mom and one that I can't bring in the New Year without a Root Beer Float. This is no exception.

As I think back on 2009, I see a year of new beginnings, adventures and of course growth. We had a great year and I was able to visit two new places for the first time. San Fransisco to see my brother receive his Ph.D. and to Florida to experience Disney through the eyes of my child. On both trips Jeff and I flew together. I find it kind of funny that we have been married all this time and this was the first year that we flew together. Our normal mode of transportation is driving. We have logged lots of hours driving but not this year.

Mickey has grown up a lot this year. She started the year unsure of being in a classroom by herself and ended the year being fully confident going to preschool all by herself. "All by herself" is also a theme in our house lately. She is so excited to do things all by herself and I am happy to see her accomplish things. I find myself looking at her and wondering just when did she grow up? Time seems to have gone by very quickly since she has been born. I have been blessed to be able to stay home with her and experience her life with her. I am thankful everyday, even those days when I am overwhelmed and tired that I get to be a Stay At Home Mom.

I am looking forward to see what 2010 brings us and meeting our new member of the family.

So Happy New Year!!! and hope you can enjoy a root beer float. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment