Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baseball Anyone??

On one of Daddy's business trips, Daddy picked up a princess baseball and bat. For awhile they would play inside the house. However, we have a small living room and well, things were in danger of being broken because Mickey was a pretty good hit.

So this past weekend, Mickey convinced her daddy that they should go play baseball. I have to say that I don't think that daddy needed to much convincing to go and play ball with his girl. I was going to take the opportunity to stay inside and take a nap. I then heard lots of laughter and giggles that the need to get up and get my camera overpowered the need to take a nap. I am so glad I did. It was fun to watch them play baseball.

It took Mickey a little bit to get the hang of it but once she learned to watch the ball she hit it. She has such a natural ability with sports. This so unlike her momma. I would most likely be closing my eyes and getting hit by the ball. But not my girl, she is intense and enjoying her time with her daddy.

And I have told you what a great teacher her daddy is? He is amazing. I am in awe when I hear him or watch him teach something new to this little girl. Mickey is a tricky one, because she has it in her head that she must get it perfect. So this will stop her from getting sometimes. But Jeff has a way of overcoming that and teaching her in a way that she gets it. This day he was teaching her how to hit the ball and later he taught her how to swing on a swing. Both were things that I could not do. (I can hit a baseball sometimes and I can swing, but can't teach it!). Mickey is getting the hang of both things, slowly. I am so thankful for his strengths and abilities when it comes to raising our daughter.


IMG_4198

IMG_4199

IMG_4204

IMG_4201

IMG_4232

No comments:

Post a Comment