Friday, April 23, 2010

Our God Is In Control

I haven't blogged in awhile. I think that it is due to sheer tiredness and lack of energy and brain function. I hope to get back to regular blogs soon and also gain some of my energy back. I am in my 35th week of this pregnancy and expecting this little guy to make his appearance in the month of May. Although my beautiful daughter who has been right about everything up to this point told me that the baby was coming this weekend. I am not sure why she told me this but she did. I am ready but not sure that she is right this time around. :)

Common questions that I get these days.... "How is this pregnancy going?" "How are you feeling?" "Have you picked out a name yet?" So to give some of those answers here I go. I have hit the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. With other issues that I deal with on a normal basis it makes pregnancy a little more difficult than if I didn't have to deal with things such as arthritis. However, everything has gone "normally" and everything is looking good and I am very thankful for that. As far as a name for this little guy. We keep that quiet. So we haven't officially decided on a name but this little guy will be the first to know when we have. And if you ask Mickey she will either tell you that the name is "Brownie" "Mr. Brown" or "Janda". I think that she likes Brownie best of all.

I was taking Mickey to the library today for music time and "dance" time. On the way there I was listening to one of the playlists on my Ipod. I was struck by one of the songs on there. "Our God is in Control" by Steven Curtis Chapman. This week I have been continually reminded that no matter what or where we find ourselves in our lives that God is in Control. We may not understand or like where we are but that doesn't change that God is in Control. This is a tough one for me. I like to be in control. I like knowing what is going to happen and when. I don't like to be in a place where I feel like I am not sure why I am there. Then I think that back to why Steven Curtis Chapman wrote the song in the first place. He lost his child and knows that she is in Heaven with the Lord but he misses and grieves her loss. I can't imagine a parent going through that and do it with such grace and giving such a great testimony for trusting in the Lord.

So I just had to share the song with you. In case you may find yourself in a place where you just need to know that the Our God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment